Monday, December 29, 2008

Party Like It's 19-99... I Mean, 20-08...(As Sung By The Artist Formerly Known As Prince)

2008...

I remember, like it was yesterday, when I was sitting around in my office at work just a year ago, thinking about how we were on the brink of a new year again so soon! Time certainly flies a little quicker with every passing year (scary).

As I was contemplating the speed at which the year 2007 passed, one of my employees said to me something very prophetic. After talking to her about plans, goals, dreams, and prayers I had for the year 2008, she spoke words I would never forget:

"Jenny, the year 2007 was a year of completion and the year 2008, is a year of new beginnings"

The number 8, apparently, signifies new beginnings in the Bible. As soon as she said it, I believed it to be fully true for me. Mostly because I knew that the year 2007 had been a year of completion for me (I will save that for another blog).

I had no idea the truth behind those words, but I took them with much faith.

I sort of forgot about them until about May/June, when I was looking back on the first third of the year 2008. A lot had begun afresh for me. I had quit my job as the director of the daycare. I had moved to Baltimore. I had begun going to Grace. I had made some new friends. I had a new job as a nanny in Federal Hill (paying me a lot more than I was making as a director in a day care, nonetheless). I had ended some very destructive relationships and repaired some broken ones. I had finally found an apartment, but not just any apartment. One that was a lot less expensive than I had been planning on. I had a roommate who loved Jesus, I also was not fully expecting that to happen (I assumed I would just have to room with some random Towson college girl...I am shuttering at the thought).

As I looked back, I thought about how good God is to not only meet my needs, but blow my mind with surpassing my desires. And he continues to do that today!

Looking back on the rest of the year since June, I have started going to a small group through Grace that I love. Have met some very cool people indeed. I have met a man that I can only describe as the perfect complement to the missing puzzle piece in my life. And friends, this is such a new beginning!

So, yes. Finally. The year is over and we are on the brink of another. I have no clue what the number 9 signifies in God's Word (I will have to ask my friend and get back to you). But, I do know this, I have been truely blessed with one of the most interesting, joyfully rich and painfully hardest years of my entire life.

No comments: