Monday, December 22, 2008

25 Days of Christmas: Number 6

Oh friends! How do I let so much time pass by these days? I blame Christmas. It's way too busy...with that said, I submit for your approval:

Number 6.

Time-off.

I look forward to Christmas Day. I look forward to family and friends, and even a few nice dinners with people, some presents, and cookie exchanges. But what I secretly long for every year? A string of days off with nothing planned really and nothing to do.

I remember the days of college, when I would finish my last exam with the "I'm so tired, my eyes are glazing over and my brain hurts from all the thinking" type of feelings and take the long journey home with the full expectation of sleeping off the exam stupor.

I would march into the house and instruct my mother..."Do not wake me. I am sleeping until I get up. I will not wake up for any phone calls, random questions, unexpected guests and the like!! Good night and good day!"

Much to my chagrin, my mother would inevitably slip into my oh so quiet and dark room at 6:45 in the morning and whisper sweetly into my ear..."what are you going to want for dinner?"

Couple things here:

Really mom? So early?
Second, how do I know what I want for dinner when it's not even breakfast?
Third, really mom?

Anywho, point being, one of the best parts of the 25 Days of Christmas is having that long stretch of days to sleep.

Amen? Amen. And goodnight.

No comments: