Thursday, December 18, 2008

25 Days of Christmas: Number 8

Number 8.

Christmas chachki.

The Urban Dictionary defines chachki as the following (number 2 is my favorite):

1. chachki

Trinket, useless sentimental stuff filling up your book cases and counter space, miscellaneous items collected and set out to enhance your decor, stuff you should probably box up or sell in a garage sale, things kids take when their parents pass away because it reminds them of good times past.


2. chachki

Some type of knick-knack, but usually a piece of crap; usually a small piece of junk.

I just like saying the word "chachki". It's a fun word I picked up from my sister-in-law. No, she is not uncool, she is tres cool actually. She super urban as well. Lol. She just used that word a lot when I was growing up, so I have since used it a lot as well. But, I digress.

I love little Christmas knick-knacks. The tackier the better. Ok, maybe that's not entirely true, but I have since learned to appreciate having a little Christmas craziness spewed throughout the house. When you fill your house with Christmas stuff, you can't help but smile at the difference the added Christmas chachki adds to your home. Such warmth, such love.

No comments: