Thursday, December 18, 2008

Now Time For Deep Thoughts By Jenny Baldwin

Ok, so much of the time I have random thoughts that flow through my head like wine...or some other liquidy analogy. And normally, I find it rather enjoyable sharing these random thoughts with you, my dear blogger friend. Mostly, I thought I was writing to just share my thoughts on things and that no one really cared if this website even existed. I have come to find that JB has gone international! That's right friends!! People from all over the globe seem to find some worth in this silly blog.

I have also come to find that since I have lacked time to blog uselessly (I blame no one but myself), the thoughts in my head have just been increasingly building and it's as if I am about to explode if I do not release the "beast" so to speak.

Basically, this blog has become quite a compulsion (am I ok with this? I don't really know. Are you ok with this? I hope so.) of sorts. A need. Like, if i don't blog uselessly, then the thoughts continue to swarm around in my head until I do! Ok, before you check me into some sort of mental hospital for my weirdness, you have to admit...you enjoy the useless ramblings of a "self proclaimed hyper hypo". So, here are some thoughts of randomness that have just been needing to get out for the last few weeks that I would have blogged on if time was not an issue, so here they are in no particular order:


Some of my new favorite sites include:


the Urban Dictionary (urbandictionary.com)
To Write Love on Her Arms (twloha.com)

My new favorite singer is Ingrid Michaelson. I have liked her for a while, but have recently listened to all her albums and can't seem to stop. I am actually listening to albums all the way through on my ipod! Dan would be so proud! Normally, I bounce around from artist to artist, while he listens to a complete album before moving on to the next.

I have decided I need to always write down my plans or I will either forget them or double book myself. Actually, I am good at writing things down, it's just making sure I check the calendar before saying yes or no to plans. Learning this the hard way...sorry Dan, sorry girls.

Here is a picture of me and Dan for those of you who keep asking...(I am wearing an ugly Christmas sweater for our Ugly Christmas Sweater Party at church. I swear!!!)






I have eaten my weight in chocolate this month. I will be in need of a cleansing soon.

I started watching some neighbor's kids across the street on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Evie and I go over there in the morning and stay until 1:00. I have never in all my days been more embarrassed every single time I leave this woman's house. Here is a list of the embarrassing moments thus far:

-had to call Emily to tell her I was puking in her kitchen sink and needed a reprieve

-Emily told me to just walk in when Evie and I come over, since she is normally getting ready in her room for work. This morning, I did just that, and happened upon her husband (normally he is already at work) half naked in the living room brushing his teeth :(

-clogged her toliet after she specifically told me that the downstairs toliet will clog at even the littlest bit of tissue...but that's not what got clogged :( after much plunging...I still couldn't get it to all go down and had to leave it for her husband...

double :( :(

-gave her newborn baby Tylenol when she was teething, only to find out Emily had already given it to her and forgot to tell me she had...so not so much my fault, but still...I DRUGGED HER BABY! (she was fine, just a liiiiiiiiiiitle groggy)

I caught Evie and her friend Connor sneaking a snack the other day. After I had specifically told them they could not have one (lunch was just around the corner). I caught them hiding behind the kitchen table with a bowl and a bag of goldfish, just as happy as clams snacking away. First off, they were so cute about it. Second, so quiet. And third, so clean! The bowl guys, really? They had to sneak up onto the counter to get the bowl and the goldfish, so they went to great lengths to make sure I didn't get angry about the mess AND their out of control snacking. I would have snapped a photo if I had the time.

I have been asked to explain the "Self-Proclaimed Hyper Hypo". Basically, if you know me... then hyper doesn't really begin to cover my extensive excitement and zest for life and all things random and silly. The "hypo" is just the word hypochondriac, shortened. Ahhh, something you may not have known about me?? Yes, I have a fear that I am dying of all sorts of crazy diseases. While not clinically diagnosed as such, I have been told that from friends and family since the womb. My neurosis more than likely stems from my brother's hypochondria, as I am told he basically raised me (by the time I came along, my mom had enough of the childrearing). While you will probably just see me researching various diseases on webmd.com, Timmy actually has medical books in his home that he resources when he has a slight fever or rash. I may or may not have gotten better over the years about this. One thing I know is this, I aced my Pathophysiology course (the study of diseases) because of all the research I have done on myself and my various issues!!

Ok, friends. Talk to you never again, now that you know I am legitimately odd. It's been nice blogging with you.. But, if you decided to stick around, I have been doing a lot of catching up on my blogging...so continue to read on. I have added about three more blogs today.

No comments: