Wednesday, December 3, 2008

25 Days of Christmas: Number 22


Number 22.


Mariah Carey's song "All I Want for Christmas Is You".

Now normally when discussing Mariah Carey, I will deny my admiration for her on a regular day. I will even go as far as to call her Mariah Scarey. Because friends, well, she is...


First things first. What nationality is she? Mexican? African American? A little of both? Not too sure.


But, what I am sure of is this...


I love her Christmas jingle "All I Want For Christmas Is You". It's so money. There is no denying it. You can't get through the holiday season without hearing it played on the radio or in a store. It's become the quintessential (I love it when I can use that word) Christmas song.

It's fabulous.


It's fierce (to quote Christian from Project Runway).


And ironically, I was emailing my wonderful Tori today and she even brought up how much she loved this song without even knowing I was planning on blogging about it already (get out of my head Tori!!!). Just goes to show you, it's quite a cultural phenomenon.


I have even over heard my mom blasting it in her car or singing to it will she cooks. Haha. It's just that great.


I have heard Timmy singing along to it as he neurotically cleans (although that's not quite unusual for him to listen to pop music...or clean for that matter, please see my blog entitled Perfectly Imperfect for details).










No comments: