Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hide and Seek

So, cute story I needed to share with you all from this morning.

I happened to be in a good mood when I walked into Evie's house this morning. Not that I am normally not or anything, but I was in an unusually great mood this morning. Maybe it was the caffine? Maybe the amazing time with God this morning? Maybe a combo? Maybe I am 100% back to my healthy self? Who knows. What I do know is that Evie and I were playing a quick game of hide and seek. It was not a normal game though.

As she stood right in front of me, I would simply cover my eyes and inquire:

"Where is Evie?"

She, seeing that my eyes were covered, would run away from me down the hall a little bit and then run back as I continued to ask where she was. When I knew she was close, I would uncover my eyes and shriek with delight and say, "I found her! She's right here!! I thought I lost her!!" I would give her a hug or two, some kisses and then she would say "Evie" which in her language means..."do it again Jenny".

We did this a few times, until I got tired of playing the game.


And then it hit me.


This is just like how God is with me.

When I cover my eyes, I know exactly where Evie is. Be it her clunky shoes hitting the hard wood or the fact that she giggles the whole way away from me, I just know where she is. Even if God "covers" his eyes, He knows where we are at all times. There is no hiding from him. And just like Evie, I run away from him, maybe even giggling with delight over the sin I am running towards. Over and over and over again. Until I remember that it is so good to be found by Him and I run back in absolute delight, giggling now because I am running towards Him knowing He will be happy with my return.

And God, in His mercy, uncovers His eyes and shrieks with delight "There you are!!" and embraces me in absolute adoration.

It doesn't matter how many times I run away. He knows where I am.

It doesn't matter how many times I return. He is delighted everytime I choose to come back to His arms.

And unlike me, God doesn't get tired of the Hide and Seek Game.

No comments: