Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's All Over

Well, now that Thanksgiving is over and we are all filled to bursting with lots of warm Thanksgivingy types of home cooked foods, I wanted to share some fun things that happened this weekend while Dan and I were celebrating with my family in Richmond.

I think some of the highlights include shopping and movie watching and general merriment of the season. There was some touch football action (guys vs. girls...yeah we had no hope for victory), and card games. Wizard is our family favorite. We enjoy a little witty banter while we throw down some cards. There was some hide and seek, football/parade watching, and air hockey.

This year, my brother-in-law Michael, decided to start the First Annual Turkey Trot with the family. We ran/walked around the neighborhood lake. Leave it to Michael to create a ridiculous event like this that will actually more than likely become a family tradition.

Our Christmas movie of choice this year was How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Heather's kids have never seen it. It was enjoyable, I personally have seen it no less than 25 times, much to the chagrin of everyone else because I can quote the whole comedy.

I got to show Dan some of the craziness of my family as well as the posh West End of Richmond. We did a little shopping with the rest of the world on Black Friday.

There was so much food. So much food. More food than my poor little body is used to devouring. So, I think it went into shock around 8:00Am on Thursday and is just now feeling normal (it is currently Sunday at 4:00PM).

I will close with two things my nephews said this weekend that will live in Baldwin family infamy.

Nathan, age 3 was sitting at dinner on Wednesday and between all the screaming and general noise-making that occurs with four kids in the room, he goes:

"What is everyone's highs and lows?"

Haha. Are we at Bible Study? It was super cute.

And then, a Jacob-ism...

We were playing hide and seek and after he found me hiding in the closet, he pauses and says to me:

"Aunt Jenny, I am thankful I am not locked in a closet this year for Thanksgiving."

Haha. Ok, hope you all had an amazing, filling, fun, exciting, restful, memory filled Thanksgiving! And I hope none of you were locked in a closet either.

1 comment:

Steven. Mr L. Lammy. said...

HAHA. Love the three year olds "high/low" comment. Precious.