Monday, November 10, 2008

Remember The Day When...Yeah, That Was The Best Day:)

If you know me but at all, you know I adopted this little phrase from my brother-in-law Michael and use it incessantly, much to the chagrin of friends and family. Many poke fun of the dramatic usage, others think it's just a passing catch phrase, while a select few realize it's just Jenny being Jenny. The reason for the mixed reaction is because I normally say this phrase on the actual day that I am remembering. It's sort of a way to use my wit to sum up the fun day I have just had with friends and family. Like I said, it was totally a Michael-ism that I stole from him.

Anywho, on that note. I was able to share this little catch phrase this weekend with my sweet Dan. We had a rather unexciting, yet spectacular day on Saturday. Allow me to explain.

It started with dropping off my car to get a whole bunch of stuff done. Apparently, it's unsafe to drive your car with tires that have no tread. Who knew?

Well, Dan did.

Hence, we took my car straight away to get her all fixed up.

After some lunch at one of my favorite spots, Panera, we headed over to visit with Timmy and the family. It was great fun. I think the niece and nephews were excited to meet Dan. Well, I know they were. Normally they are all grumpy and crabby, but they were quite literally all over him, especially Phoebe. Hehe, sweet Phoebe. If I am not careful, I may have some competition. Timmy was cleaning and fixing the toliet, you could smell the bleach all the way down the stairs into the living room. Sarah sat and chatted with us, in her usual fashion she has already challenged Dan to a cook-off. Typical Sarah.

After a little bit, we headed over to the mall. Mistake number one. It was ridiculous. You would think it was Christmas, not only because of all the Christmas paraphenalia out and about, but because of the insane amount of people who had the same idea as we did. Parking was an atrocity. And, I am not being dramatic here, it really took a long time. After finding a spot, we finally got a chance to go in and look around.

Towson Town Center has this whole new wing that just opened up. That's where the new Pottery Barn is and the Crate and Barrel, some of Jenny's favorite things (screw Oprah's favorite list...you got mine!!) We decided to visit it, but I was under the impression it was not connected to the mall. So, we go back to the car and head on over. We headed over to another parking garage that took almost as long to find a parking spot, as it was crazy busy. We park and head in, only to find that we were....back in the mall.

Mistake number two. Well, my mistake really. (Hey, I can accept when I am wrong!!)

It was fun nonetheless, right Dan?

Then I had dinner with Michael's parents (Mere and P. Bear), Michael, Heather and the kids, my mom, as well as Stepehen and his new girlfriend. Yes friends...it's true Stephen Oberle has a girlfriend. I was shocked as well. She is nice and also a nanny. That's all I will say about that. After 14 of us crammed into a table in the back corner of this cute little hole in the wall type of place, we enjoyed a night of fun and fellowship.

The culmination of the day ended with a little Apples to Apples action. I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long, long time. It was such fun to enjoy my family.

And while though the day is over and done with and my little catch phrase no longer is just a humorous way of remembering the day I am currently living and is now more of an actual "hey remember when" type of moment, I can still say to you blogger friends,

Remember that day Dan and I parked in the Towson parking garage twice? Yeah, that was the best day" :)

No comments: