Thursday, November 6, 2008

Silly Jenny


So, I decided to walk to Shopper's Food Warehouse with Evie yesterday. I needed to return a DVD to the Redbox.

Oh, it was "The Strangers", thanks for asking. Not the worst horror film I've seen this century, but not the best either.

I had a bag of trash on top of the stroller. It was just a Walmart bag filled with randomness from my car.

On top of that are my keys. You see where this is going, don't you?

We stop by a random trash can in the city. I throw away my bag, hear a loud clunking noise and proceed without a moment's hesitation.

We go run our errand and come back to her house. It's locked, so I go to grab my keys.

Missing.

Not in my pocket, not in the stroller, not on Evie, not in my jeans. They are gone.

What's worse is that they could be anywhere.

So, we start the walk back to Shoppers.

Did I mention it hasn't stopped raining since we left her house. Just a drizzle mind you, but it's cold rain nonetheless.

On the way back, I distinctly kept hearing the clunking noise in my mind. I thought...that's strange. nothing in my bag should have made that noise when it hit the bottom of the trash can. So, I decided to investigate. Sure enough my keys are sitting at the bottom of the dirty, city filled waste can.

Ew, ew. Double ew.

1 comment:

Nick and Kaley said...

gross! I'm sorry someone had to watch you dig through the trash with a baby stroller. :)