Thursday, January 15, 2009

Toasters, Potter, and Yoga...OH MY!

So, two nights ago I decided to make an egg sandwhich. I go through these phases where I crave certain foods. Currently I am going through the egg sandwhich phase. As well as turkey burgers and Luna bars.

Anywho, so I put my bread in our toaster and leave the kitchen (I already made the eggs and was just waiting for some toast). You would think that one would need not to stand guard over the toaster. It's a pretty self-sufficient electrical appliance...


Not in Jenny's universe.


I hear the "pop" of the toast and go into the kitchen to retrieve the toast and step into a cloud of black, puffy smoke. My toast is charred and on fire!

What happened? I suppose something at the bottom of the toaster caught on fire, but I was not anticipating the scene I walked into.

Then this morning on the way to work, I was behind a car that had a plethora of bumper stickers on the back. Harry Potter stickers were all over and some of my favorites included:

I'd rather be playing quidditch
Expecto Patronum
Harry Potter for President


This last one is the one I would like to discuss. Is it wrong to think that Harry would make a better president than Obama? Or that if Harry were to be listed on the voter's ballot, I would choose a FICTIONAL CHARACTER to run our country!?

Then yesterday I decided to do some power yoga with Bob Harper from The Biggest Loser. As I am doing it, I am thinking that this isn't so hard. I'm not even breaking a sweat. I have done yoga before and I am ridicuously flexible, so this will be a cinch. Friends, this morning...upon exiting my bed, I could feel the pain shooting through every muscle of my body! Oy!

My sister-in-law even warned me that it would feel like you weren't getting a workout but just wait until the next day and you would feel it.

Anywho, randomness usually comes in threes for me. So, that's been my life since the last blog.

1 comment:

Nick and Kaley said...

Jenny, some good HP stickers I have seen are:
I see Thestrals
and
Horcruxes got soul