Friday, January 2, 2009

Parking Fiasco

This was just too funny not to share with you all...


I was driving my brother Timmy and his best friend Brock to the Raven's game on Sunday. Yes, I finally made it to a game!

Side Note: My brother likes to play "cool" with Brock. On a normal day, if Timmy were in my car we would be jamming to the likings of Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears (I'm not proud of that), and Fergie. When we got into my car, Beyonce was playing on my ipod. And my brother, having to play the cool card act goes:

"Jenny, I can't listen to this crap!"

Timmy. Timmy. Timmy.

Anywho, so we finally make it to the parking garage and Timmy tells me to try and back into a spot. I have never backed into anything, unless it was a garbage can or telephone pole, or something rather large that I should have seen and didn't. Therefore, I chose to never back into spots. It scares me. I might hit something. Or gulp. Someone. I have lived my life pretty well not backing into parking spaces up until now.

I digress.

So, I continue to drive and I am passing spot after spot because the garage is tiny, there are too many cars, and Timmy is in my ear saying "Back it in...back it in Jenny!" I'm starting to perspire at the thought. So, finally I can't take the pressure and I say, "Timmy, I can't back it in. You back it in!"

Timmy: "You've never backed your car into a space?"

Me: "Uhhh, no. So, if you want it backed in, you are going to have to do it yourself."

Timmy: "JENNY. YOU ARE EMBARRASSING ME! You can do this. Now do it!"

AHHHH...so the pressure is on!! Eyes are fixed on my lack of finesse. Timmy breathing down my neck. Cars passing left and right. Pillars on both sides of the space.

But friends. I did it. In one go. Done.

I feel accomplished. Amazed at my ability and Timmy's...er..um...patience.

No comments: