Friday, January 2, 2009

I Hate Goodbyes, But I Love Hello's!!

Goodbye 2008. I shall miss you most of all...not.

I am super excited for the new year.

Although personally, I use the month of September as my "new year". I guess it's because I was in school for 22 out of my 27 years of life, I have gotten into the habit of marking my fresh start in early fall.

Speaking of fresh starts, I find it rather ridiculous that people even make New Year's resolutions. And while I can understand the motive behind such a decision, and even applaude and encourage people in their endeavors, I just find it odd that we feel like we have to start "fresh" every year. Does something magical happen between the 11:59:59th minute and 12:00:00?? Besides having to relearn how to time stamp stuff, I just don't see the big fuss behind it all. Help me understand people!

And while I find it rather silly people feel the need to wait for this particular time frame, I find myself jumping in with both feet to the whole goal setting thing!! What can I say, I am a walking contradiction.

I am pretty sure 2009 is going to just be a life changing one for me. I am hoping that my lofty ambitions and crazy plans, not excluding opening my own cupcake cafe, running a half marathon, sailing off to New Zealand, and desiging/selling aprons (that's a new one),
will take effect this year!

So, strap on your seat belts blogging friends, it's going to ba a wild ride!!

No comments: