Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oh Angel, My Angel...

This blog is dedicated to one of the most dedicated girls I know. Angel May. She and I taught at the Christian Community Child Care Center in Salisbury. I miss her face! She was one of the best reasons to get up and go to work every day (besides Jesus and the kids). Most days were long, exhausting, and thankless. But the joy that we had working side by side could never be measured. Mostly I miss our long conversations and how she knew absolutely every detail of my existence. Some days she seemed to know me better than I knew myself. I also miss our random outings and ridiculous times. I miss the laughter. I miss the tears (mostly mine). Here are a few pictures of our time together, but it doesn't even scratch the surface.



One of my crazy ideas to bake with the kids. She hates messes and doesn't really bake. But she was always a trooper.

Our 2nd Annual Turkey Bowl. We made the kids actually bowl with turkeys (or rather Purdue cornish hens, but whatever). We also made them wear jerseys and made stations. Each one was represented by a team. Here, she shows her love for our favorite quarterback (Brett Favre, yeah this was last year remember).

This was a booth at the Furniture Land in Delmar. I not only made her come with me late one night to look for bedroom furniture, but also forced her to get out of the car and take a picture of the fake phone booth.


At Sam's Club. It was always an interesting time shopping for the day care's groceries with me. I saw the horse and couldn't resist.



At my nephew's birthday party last October. She came home with me and met my crazy family.




At the Baltimore Aquarium. We had to show the kids what sound the fish make.













Just hanging out on the floor with some of our kids. Most days I hated that I was a human jungle gym, but now I wouldn't trade those memories for anything...
Angel. Wherever you is, call me!!! We need to talk. There is lots to tell you. Miss you.





No comments: