Wednesday, October 15, 2008

MMM...MMM...GOOOOOOD (Michael Phelps, Mika, and Music)




Ok, so you all know I am random. Let me let you in on how perfectly random I am...

I heart Michael Phelps. So, naturally I was on You Tube looking up some recent videos of things he has been up to lately. Oprah. Saturday Night Live. Jimmy Kimmel. It is the latter I wish to discuss. While on Jimmy Kimmel, he did a short parody of a commercial for Grey's Anatomy. I would feature it on my blog, but due to it's smidgen of vulgarity, I will not post it. This is a family blog!! Haha. But, I know I teased you enough, so if you want to watch it, visit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5NlRmlsmZc

(It's really not that bad, but I didn't want anything offensive on my site)

Ok, so I heard the song in the background and loved it. I looked up the lyrics and found it was written my a Labenese pop singer named Mika (pronounced Meek-a). The song is called "Grace Kelly" and is featured in my blog if you would like to partake in the deliciousness that is Mika. While I was looking up his song on You Tube and then on i tunes, I stumbled upon a gem of a song that is the typical poppy kind of song that lasts a week until fans move onto the next Big Thing. Fickle people. I downloaded said song, written by Mika, and here is the music video of his song called "Lollipop". It is a strange mixture of bubblegum pop and quirky coolness. Don't hate.












Mika's picture again for your viewing pleasure...he looks like Josh Groban, no?

Ok, signing off. JB.

PS. Michael Phelps is on a box of Corn Flakes. I bought a box. I don't eat Corn Flakes. I just bought a superfluous box of Corn Flakes.

1 comment:

Nick and Kaley said...

I've heard that song before. Just FYI. ha ha