Thursday, September 18, 2008

Life is Beautiful

I stole this picture from Lynsey's blog because I thought we looked cute. This was taken at our Roomie Reunion a couple of weeks back. We met at my house and spent the weekend eating, talking, watching TV, shopping and catching up on life. It was a fun time. I miss these girls terribly. And no, I actually was never their official roommate, but I was over at their apartment so much, they sort of adopted me as one. Love them all.

It reminds me of a simpler time. I never thought I would look back on college and call it a "simpler time". With all the work, the relationship disasters and near misses, the unfortunate Commons (our school's cafeteria) food, and the drama, I always thought it was going to be considered one of my rougher times. I wouldn't trade any of those experiences or memories for the world. As a collective whole, college was the best time of my life. The campus was our playground. Our times together were fun and intense. We could go from something as silly as creating our own scavenger hunt to sitting down and having a serious conversation for hours at a time. I certainly miss those days when I seemed to have an ever increasing amount of free time and my life stretched before me. I didn't worry about how I would feed myself that week or what kind of health insurance is best. I was amazingly naive to the world and yet so aware of what was coming that I chose not to take any day for granted. Let's just reminisce shall we, here we go:


the weekend where we hosted Thanksgiving Dinner at the boy's apartment for all who were around (ended up being about 20 some people)
Brad and Seth's Radio Show (kept us laughing for an hour or so every day)
Skit team practices that always turned into a long night of giggling and romping around Fireside Lounge
stealing Brad's mattress for Tom
skipping class to go to the mall
family dinner nights (we would take turns making dinner for each other)
falling out of Katie's car
going to the campus movie on Sunday night at 10:00PM with everyone (that actually felt early)


I'll be adding more on later. This is what I can remember as of now.


No comments: