Monday, September 15, 2008

Fall into Fall




I love fall!! Anyone who knows me but at all, knows that fall is my favorite time of year! There is something to be said about the change in seasons. Each one is so unique in it's own way, but fall brings something extra special with it. There is a freshness like no other season can compare. I always think of it as a new beginning because I have always seen September as the beginning of the year because of school. I love that the weather is slightly cooler and there is actually a chilly breeze. I love that you have a need for a sweater or jacket when leaving the house. I love the smell of burning leaves. I love going to get pumpkin spice lattes and other fall related treats. I love pumpkin carving. I love that Target has sprung to life with all sorts of Halloween gadgets, candies, treats, and party accoutrements. I love that all the marketing and packaging on my favorite treats is changed to fit into the festivities of the season. I love that football is on tv again and I can spend my Sundays watching the game with friends, family, and a Smirnoff. I love that my favorite tv shows are starting again and I can come home after a full day of work and the gym, errands, and church stuff to watch a new episode of The Office or Grey's Anatomy. I love making soups and being able to actually bear the rise in temperature when baking. I love that the leaves are changing and school is back in session. I love that Halloween is the most ridiculous holiday, but it's fun all the same. I love that Thanksgiving is on it's way. I think I look forward to that day for various reasons. It has been my favorite holiday for the past 8 years (some of you may follow my logic about why it's been 8 years). ;)


Time for a tangent. I love Thanksgiving. My sister has hosted it for a while now. We have such a fun time together with our side of the family and her husband Michael's side of the family. We play lots of fun games, watch a lot of football. We play some touch football, we shop, we eat, we party like rockstars. We laugh and sometimes cry. We watch a Christmas movie to kick off the holiday season. Last year, Michael's dad (nick-named P. Bear), and I pretty much drunk ourselves into an eggnog oblivion!! Haha. It was such a fun time.


There are so many reasons I love fall. I know there are many more as well. I am just excited for this season!


Ok, I am done rambling.

No comments: