Monday, August 25, 2008

On Friends and the Homeless

Well, much has happened since my last entry. I am certain you desire to know all the intimate details of my so called life; however, due to lack of sleep and a some what nauseating combination of caffine, ibuprofen, and splenda, I am sadly drained of all energy.

Can I tell you what does energize me? My friends. Truely. There are stretches of days when I feel like the only contact I have to the outside world is with an 18 month old and the homeless man on the street corner who looks like he will either pass out or cough up an internal organ of some sort.

**Did I tell you about the time this homeless man approached my car for money? Normally, it is a general understanding in the inner city of Baltimore that the homelss stand in the median, with their sign, and walk up and down until someone actually makes a move to give them some cash. One time I actually saw someone THROW money AT the homeless man. However, in the apforementioned case, this homeless man came right up to my window and asked me to do him a "christian favor". Hmm? Sketch. Oh, and one time, there was this woman who was holding a sign that said "pregnant: need food and money" and she was outside in the 90 degree heat with a sweat shirt on and jeans...Really friend? Jeans? Really?**

I have missed being with my peeps and it was a much needed weekend with my girls. We enjoyed some of our old forms of entertainment. So, all in all, it was a fun weekend. Saw some of my old college peeps as well, and that was also much needed. It's amazing to me that we could be away from one another for significant periods of time and then just pick up where we all left off.


**IN MICHAEL PHELPS NEWS**

I plan to update you on all things Michael Phelps. He is moving back here and will be living at Fells Point. He bought Meadowbrook, his childhood pool, which P.S. is my families' pool! I totally plan on bumping into him at some point. Well technically my brother's family goes there and I tag along. Don't get me started on my brother Timmy. Remind me later to blog about him and the:

1) Ravens Game fiasco
2)Bono sighting
3) his Emmy win

I will be Phelps' friend, oh yes, I will be. Laura and I have also decided to find where he goes grocery shopping and such and track him...we are not stalkers. We 're just the best phans he's every seen...

Umm, I know there is more, but sleep for now.

No comments: