Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Melody of You

I am surprised at the amount of music there is in the world. It seems that no matter what new song becomes popular, it always is unique in it's own right with lyrics and a melody never heard before. I could live my life in song and be completely ok with it. No, not a musical friend, but hearing the songs play through my head as I go about my day. It gives me added energy and excitement to complete the task at hand. I have become slightly obsessed with making a daily playlist.

By the way, sometimes it seems like the arists just know how to perfectly describe my day, my emotion, my heart, and my current situation. When I have that *a-ha* moment, the moment when I finally connect the song to my life, my appreciation for it soars. I enjoy all types of music, but when I finally find that one song that can somehow communicate all that I am holding inside, it makes me want to share it with the world and say, "See, this is what I am. This, is how I feel". It gives words to situations and emotions that I can't readily communicate.

It's almost like...if someone were to play the endless playlist I have created throughout my life, after I leave this world, they would have the sum total of who I am as a person.

No comments: