Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's Foreign on This Side.

So, I was at the Annapolis Mall today meeting my girls for a quick dinner. While I was waiting for them, I was on the phone with Angel. I was standing in the food court and I turned around just in time to see Nate, atleast that is what I named him. Nate was your average, American male. About 5'8". Not overly muscular, but toned. He had dark hair and a nice tan. Not fake and bake, but a nice end of the summer glow. He was alone, eating his Chick-fil-A original sandwhich and fries.
Here's where my long story...gets longer. He was not really looking around or anything, just concentrating on his food, when his cell phone goes off. He has a text message. His face lit up. He was positively beaming. I couldn't handle it...I kept watching as he texted what I am sure was some quick witted, flirtatious response back to the lucky girl on the receiving end.

Then it hit me ladies...you never know what his reaction will be when you send him a message. All you're thinking is, "I hope he doesn't go running for the hills". I normally picture his face looking a bit like this: eyes rolling, a shrug of the shoulders, closing the phone without a thought of response. And, quite possibly no more thought to it than that. It was nice to see the other side of the text. I usually don't think about how the guy I am texting is probably just as excited to hear from me as I am from him. I selfishly think more about how it makes me feel when I hear from him. A simple "hi." or "how's it going?" is enough to send me soaring, but thinking about how a simple "hi" from me might put a huge smile on his face is enough to make me smile in return.

No comments: