Monday, August 18, 2008

The Creeper

So, Laura and I were at Border's this evening and we ran into this man whom Laura affectionately named "The Creeper". He is an older gentleman, salt and pepper hair, slightly overweight, and over all creepy. He is sitting at a small table near the wall and he is reading a book.

Not creepy you say?

Well, he is not really reading. He is "reading" and every so often looks up and stares at us for a significant period of time. It's the frequency and duration we are talking about here that makes him creepy.

Meanwhile, Laura and I are in the corner at our own table giggling as per usual over some sort of nonsense and at one point, The Creeper walks over to the coffee counter with his quasi-empty cup and dumps his ice all over the counter. There is a commotion as the woman he had basically cut in front of also dumps something. The guy behind the counter..."Quirky Coffee Guy" as I like to call him, goes "Uhh, I thought you were going to throw that away". The Creeper responds with, "Um, yeah I was" and then walks away. Odd.

I swear he did it just to get close to that woman at the counter. Because let's face it. She was hot and wearing the kind of clothing more appropriate to go clubbing in than to sit in a bookstore all night, but you know, whatever. Ha.


Oh the things we see at our local bookshop.



And, why didn't anyone offer us a go at the Scrabble Tourney going on in the cafe??

1 comment:

Janice Rice said...

You play Scrabble? I love Scrabble and I've seen the Scrabble geeks play up there. I think Monday nights. Real intense games!!!