Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'd Rather Have a Root Canal?

You know the old saying "I'd rather have a root canal?"I have never actually been able to say that legitimately. Now friends, I can.

I have indeed undergone my first of two root canals as of 1:30 yesterday afternoon. And the killer...they only got 2/3 of the tooth done. So, that one needs to get finished and then we need to start on the other.

There is nothing worse than having to sit there for an hour and a half and hold your mouth open for them to drill, poke, pull, grab, clamp, squeeze, and do basically everything they need to do while in your mouth.

So, in honor of all that I have created a list, cause you know how I like lists:

Things I would rather do than have a root canal:

be with Dan
hang out with friends
stand in a line
go to the MVA
watch a movie (even one I particularly dislike, such as "The Visitor"
shop
eat
shop
be creative
bake
sing
drive


You get the idea...


I would rather have a root canal than do these things:

clean up vomit (my own or someone else's)
sit in commuter traffic
get mugged
eat tuna
try to sleep with the mouth pain before the root canal
run more than 6 miles
watch someone's child when they are at home and more than capable of watching said child
my taxes

No comments: