Monday, February 9, 2009

Dental News

So friends, I am heading back to the dentist tomorrow. About a year ago, when I moved to Baltimore I found myself in a loooooooooooooot of mouth pain. Wasn't sure what was happening to my face, but figured it had to do with my wisdom teeth. The pain was getting so horrid that I seriously lost sleep at night. So I made an appointment with Evie's parents' dentist.

Dr. Garcia took one look into my mouth and was aghast at what was happening. Lots of cavities, wisdom teeth that required immediate attention, root canals needed, and on top of all of that...an infection that needed some serious antibiotics to heal.

Two days later, I had my wisdom teeth extracted. Most people plan these sorts of things way in advance. Not JB, she waits until there's a decent infection to get her butt in the dentist chair. And, it's not because I hate the dentist. On the contrary, I find it rather fufilling to get my teeth cleaned. However, my bank account wanted to run in fear is all. Anyways.

The best friend Tori came to pick me up the day of my surgery since I couldn't operate heavy machinary afterwards and apparently I was ridiculously funny whilst on the anethesia.

I do remember getting into her car at Target (to get my prescriptions filled) and I saw a banana peel on the ground and pretended to slip on it while ever so gently saying "whoo". I was suuposed to be very careful. I think it was more funny at the time.

Anywho, now it's time to head back to get the root canals. The process was expedited as last night while eating my dinner, my back molar chipped. Yay. I now have a stabbing pain in the back of my tongue from the jagged point my molar has now made.

In honor of my next dental appointment, scheduled for tomorrow (pray that Dr. Skane can smooth down the sharp point and that the root canal procedure is relatively inexpensive), the best friend sent me this video. IT IS HILARIOUS. You have to watch it the whole way through to appreciate it ok? Really. You won't be disappointed, Jenny and Tori give it an enthusiastic thumbs up:


1 comment:

Steven. Mr L. Lammy. said...

HAHA! I saw this on The Soup over the weekend...it is hilarious!! :) Good luck at the dentist..yuck!