Thursday, February 5, 2009

Every Little Thing She Does is Baking Magic...

As sung to the tune of "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic". Get it? Haha. Ok, it's been a long week...


So, this morning in all my Betty Crocker/Ace of Cakes wonder, I have created a yummy treat for my small group peeps. I realize I am a far cry from either of these bakers. I am also not the first to come up with this most stellar of all stellar ideas; however, I am always wanting to kick it up a notch when I bake, so check these out...





It's hard to tell, but they have icing on them. They are fairly simple to make. Just make the brownies according to the package. Use cookie cutters of your choice to cut out brownie "cookies". I was going for a Valentine Day theme...however, I lacked any heart shaped cutters.

Side Note:

1) I call myself a baker and I don't even have the fundamental accutraments for baking various holiday themed treats.

2) I suppose that in my previous anti-Valentine Day life, I never thought to buy heart shapes.


Then melt chocolate icing (I just used store bought, but I suppose you could make your own as well) in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir it. The consistency should be smooth and thin. If it's not, put it back in the microwave for 15 seconds. Stir. Continue this process until it is all melted. You can either drizzle the chocolate or dip the brownie into it. Whichever you prefer. Then add some spirnkle magic!!

Yummers.

No comments: