Friday, March 6, 2009

Pet Store Fun (This Is Disturbing...)

I forgot to tell you all about one of the highlights from this past weekend...


We were in my old neighborhood visiting my old house that my family lived in from the time I was 6 to about the age of 10.We also saw my old elementary school, William S. James Elementary (or as I pronounced it in 1st grade, Willmer S. James) School. Afterwards, we went to IKEA and White Marsh Mall. It was there that we decided to go look in the pet store.


No, we are not currently looking at buying a cat together (like Ross and Julie from Season 2 of Friends), we were just looking people!!

Anywho, we were looking at some of the cutest puppies this side of the Chesepeake, when we saw probably one of the grossest sights I have encountered in the whole of my life.

One of the cuter puppies (with a "sold" sign on his cage) pooped. Turned around. Sniffed his poop. Then proceeded to eat the poop. All of it. Then, he licked up the remnants, much like an old man who enjoyed his dinner so much, he just needs a little smacker-el to finish it off.

I didn't believe Dan when he said, "He's eating his poop". I thought for sure he was being silly! But, no. Not so.

I talked with my friend who is a vet and she said it is not uncommon for animals who are caged to do this. Especially dogs, since they have a highly developed sense of smell and can actually smell their food inside of their excrement.

Still. Gross.

1 comment:

Nick and Kaley said...

Nick's sister got her dog, Tito, from that pet store. That's gross.