Thursday, March 19, 2009

Detention!

Last Friday, we *(Dan and I) went to see the play that Tori was helping to direct. It was a high school production of "Once Upon A Mattress".

Anywho, the fun began that day for me when I could not find my keys before work. In a panic, I literally tossed junk all over my room. It wasn't until after I trashed my room like a rockstar, that I realized my keys were in my roommate's car!! I had left them there the night before and she had already left for work! I couldn't find my spare keys. How was I going to get to work?

I rememebered my friend Val also works in the city, so I called her to see if she had left yet. She hadn't, so I caught a ride in with her. 

Later that day, Dan had to pick me up...

Anyways, we were on the go heading to Annapolis, so we had to get dinner somewhere. We decided to wait until we got to the high school to pick up Subway (it's across the street). So, we brought it back to the school since the Subway is really just a kiosk at the gas station. 

We searched around the school briefly for somewhere to sit. There was none to be found so we ended up eating on/near a teacher's desk shoved in the hallway. I repeat. No chairs in sight. At all.

While Dan stood next to it, I perched myself happily on top. 

Haha. Halfway through, this petite blonde lady, with way too many words came up to us. She asked where were were from, who we were supporting, bantered about the Baltimore area, and so on. One of the better conversations with a stranger I have had. 

Come to find out, she was the principal of the school. We figured this out when her sweet demeanor morphed into..."Can I get you a chair??" Disguised as her wanting to provide for my needs, her real intention was: Get off my desk before you break it, you hoodlum. 

So, she goes back into this dark, forbidden hallway. She retrieves this leather chair on wheels. 

Too funny.

When I was finished with it, she came back promptly to return it to the office from whence it came. 

Never, never throughout my four years of high school did I ever get in trouble, or get a detention, or anything. I go back for ONE night and get into trouble. Sheesh. 


*Dan thinks it's funny I use the word "we" in my blog now without even stating who the "we" is. I assume, dear reader, you now know that the "we" generally will always come to mean "Dan and I" unless otherwise noted. Thank you.*


PS. My keys were in my room on the floor where I normally throw them

No comments: