Thursday, July 16, 2009

Top Ten Time

I know I always say this, but I can't believe how much time I have let pass before updating. This used to be something I looked forward to doing in my day and now it feels a little like school work. I think it is in large part to the fact that I have two children in my care as opposed to just one. When I finally have down time, I find myself wanting to read or nap instead. Actually, yesterday I took a little nap in Evie's toddler bed with her. Yep, all 5' 6" of me in her 3' bed. Best sleep ever. 

So, allow me to catch up over the past month or so:

1. Went to Wisconsin to visit with Dan's family. (We also drove all 13 hours)
2. Went to Summerfest in Milwaukee and saw Guster play. They rocked!
3. Dan and I celebrated 8 months of togetherness fun.
4. Came down with a wicked sickness...ended up being just some virus, but one that caused a high fever, chills, headaches, body aches, sore throat. Oh and chest pain. A looooot of chest pain, I could barely breathe. So, yeah that was fun.
5. Super excited to see Harry Potter, hopefully in the next week or so.
6. Working as a "stay at home mom" has it's advantages including, going to the gym, pool privileges, and free cable/internet access.
7. Being a "single parent" is also a ton of long, hard, laborious work. It get to the point where I
pass out when i finally sit down for a break. 
8. Checking off my summer reading list with books like Salem Falls, Plain Truth, and The Host.
9. It's hot outside.
10. I love that since the DTV change we have new cable stations with all my favorite shows!!




No comments: