Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jon and Kate.

So, I swore I would not make another comment on the whole Jon and Kate fiasco of 2009; however, this recent video I found was so hilarious, I had to share it. And then this got me to thinking...so I had to share my thoughts.

I was so upset when I heard things were going awry with their marriage. It bothered me for so long and now, frankly, it's just a waste of my time. I just felt like we, as viewers, were betrayed by them. I mean, it's not like the show was scripted and some writer decided to end the 10 year marriage during May Sweeps to increase viewership. What's worse is that this marriage is (was) real. And now it's over. Just like that, it's dissolved. I feel like they made poor choices. They let fame and money get in the way. They became self-centered. They put their children FIRST in their marriage, where children do not belong (it should go God, spouse, children in that order). They made themselves, their kids and their lives out to be idols. They pretty much destroyed themselves and got paid for us to watch. I feel so gross having even given them much of my time in the first place. What a waste of my time! 

However, I must say that at the onset of this show, I was excited to see a couple who talked about how important God is in their family and even carried on about church events and throwing up Bible verses on the kitchen cabinets. It was refreshing and I actually admired them for their willingness to show that they loved God. But then, it turned into this dirty mess. I am ashamed for them. I realize that we all make mistakes and I shouldn't judge too harshly; I guess I am just so incredibly disappointed. Anywho, that said....ENJOY THIS VIDEO:




No comments: