Thursday, April 23, 2009

Am I Ready For This?

Hello blogger friends!! Look at me blogging so quickly after my last blog. It's like old times, eh?

**Darn you Dan for introducing the "eh" into my v
ocabulary**

The reason for such a quick update is because I am finally free from Evie's mom. Well, only for a day or two. She is still on maternity leave until the end of forever, she just had to fly to Florida for a wedding. This means...I have Evie until grandma (Oma) comes to watch her tomorrow. Until then, Evie and I will be hanging out for 32 hours. Mostly catching up on episodes of The Office and 30 Rock. 

I'm kidding. 

It's almost like the old proverbial "when the cat's away, the mouse will play" type of scenario. I feel like with mom out of town I can go crazy! I can blog. I can bake. I can make a mess! I can be out of control! 

However, if this morning's outing was any indication of the time to come, I may want to crawl in a hole and cry.

Today I took Evie to the library. A normal day. A normal outing. A normal Evie. Until she turned into a crazy person. In a nutshell, I told her "no" and that we had to go home. She screamed. She cried. She yelled for her mommy. 

Her new trick is to lay herself out on the floor, ever so gently. She goes boneless. When I go to pick her up and set her on her feet, she lays back down. 

There is one way to get me all sorts of angry and this is it. Children have been pulling this kind of junk for years. I dealt with them a lot when I was a preschool teacher. Heck, I was still dealing with them when I was the director of the preschool.

No matter. 

Needless to say, I carried her to the bathroom where I gave her a little encouragement and out we went. 

Let's not mention that the express checkout was giving me a lot of extra trouble and I forgot my sunglasses at the counter. 

Don't worry Dan, I remembered about the time we had already walked to the car and turned around to go get them. :(

Pictured above:How I felt upon arriving home today. (From Mo Willems Knuffle Bunny book)

No comments: