Monday, June 22, 2009

Sweatin' To the Oldies

We just experienced the most amazing weekend. I really don't know how Dan and I do it, but often times I sit back in amazement of how each weekend is more enjoyable than the last. It started out with a nice, lazy Friday. The kind of evening you love to share with someone close. We had some dinner out and then a movie at home. It was the perfect end to a very long week. 

Saturday we had a birthday party to go to and a wedding. We basically barely made it to Chris' 30th birthday party (due to some Bay Bridge beach traffic) before we had to turn around and go to Ben and Halley's wedding. Luckily, the wedding was not too far from Katie and Chris' house, so we were able to crash there after a long night of partying and visit with them in the morning. 

The wedding was on this beautiful plantation that was pretty enormous. We had to be shuttled from the parking lot to the ceremony site! 

The wedding was wonderful, but the sun was BLAZING. Even under a tent. The bride and groom provided all the guests with a bottle of water and a fan. Even so, it was still so stinkin' hot. And the sweat only had just started to pour. 

While we waited for the wedding party, we enjoyed some amazing appetizers and spirited drinks. My friends and I had a great time laughing and getting extremly silly. Largely due to the buzz I am sure we were all feeling. 

Dinner was also great. Good company and a lovely vegetarian entree (everyone else had the filet) made my evening just perfect. 

Then came some dancing.  Probably a full 3 hours of dancing. And sweating. If any of you know what I look like when I come home from a nice 7 mile run at the gym, then you will know how much I can sweat. I was probably even MORE sweaty by the end of this evening. I had sweat in my eyes! I know attractive, right?? Good thing that Dan was also dripping in perspiration and our friends were glowing as well. 

There's something about sharing unique experiences with friends that totally bonds you. And memories like this are just the start of long, beautiful friendships. I thoguht that my life was pretty much over when college ended. It felt like I could not even imagine moving on and finding a new way of life, especially without my good friends right alongside of me. I feel blessed to know I have found some new friends here in Baltimore, but it also makes me love and appreciate the friendships I have with my lovely college friends. 

No comments: